Chocolate Almond Biscotti Recipe
Looking for an easy Chocolate Almond Biscotti recipe? Learn how to make Chocolate Almond Biscotti using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by thedyer6
Makes 48 servings
Absolutely the most fantastic biscotti I have ever eaten! Follow baking instructions carefully. A perfect treat after a long day!
Recipe Ingredients for Chocolate Almond Biscotti
|1 1/2||cups sliced almonds, toasted,divided|
|1||cup butter, softened|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||teaspoon almond extract|
|3 1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
Recipe Directions for Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Place 3/4 cup of toasted almonds in a food processor and pulse until ground.
- Beat butter in large bowl for 30 seconds, then add sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and almond extract.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer.
- By Hand, stir in remaining flour, the ground almonds and the remaining 3/4 cup of sliced almonds.
- On pieces of wax paper, shape dough into two 14 inch long rolls.
- Place rolls on prepared cookie sheet at least 5 inches apart, flatten slightly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour.
- Cut each roll diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place slices, cut sides down, on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Turn slices; bake 7 to 9 minutes more or until cookies are dry and begin to crisp (do not overbake).
- Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Read more: http://italian.food.com/recipe/chocolate-almond-biscotti-49126#ixzz1YY45WP8A
Serving Size 29.4g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!