Carrot Cake - Testing Stage. Recipe
Looking for an easy Carrot Cake - Testing stage. recipe? Learn how to make Carrot Cake - Testing stage. using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by aoi_tsuki
Makes 16 servings
Gluten Free Vegan Carrot Cake. It's very moist and tender. Property of 365daysofyum.tumblr.com Do not reproduce elsewhere, thank you! You cannot taste the banana in this, but if you have an aversion, substitute with 1/2 cup applesauce. Also, if you do not have ground flax seeds you may substitute Ener-g egg replacer (1 T + 3 T water), but the cake may be a bit dryer. Finally if you do not have agave nectar, don't sweat, increase the sugar to 1 - 1 1/4 cup and increase the soy milk as needed. AND FYI! 3/8 cup = 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp, however, if you want to bump it up to 1/2 cup and you can, but adjust the rest of the liquids accordingly.
Recipe Ingredients for Carrot Cake - Testing stage.
|3/4||cup sorghum flour|
|1/2||cup brown rice flour|
|1/2||cup tapioca starch|
|1||tbsp buckwheat flour|
|2||tbsp flax seed|
|5||tbsp water, for the flax seed|
|2||tsp xanthan gum|
|41||g agave nectar|
|3/8||cup coconut oil|
|1/2||cup raisins (optional)|
|3||cups grated carrot|
|1||pinch of cardamom (optional)|
|1 1/2||tsp vanilla extract, alcohol free|
|3||tbsp soy milk|
|1||tsp baking soda|
|1 1/2||tsp baking powder|
Recipe Directions for Carrot Cake - Testing stage.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare Flax 'egg': Mix 2 tbsp flax seeds with 5 tbsp water until gelatinous (gooey), set aside. This makes two flax eggs.
- Combine the following in three bowls:
- Bowl 1: Carrots and raisins (optional)
- Bowl 2 (small bowl - wet ingredients): Flax 'egg', agave nectar, vanilla extract, oil, sugar, banana
- Bowl 3 (large bowl - dry ingredients): Flours, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cloves, (optional) cardamom)
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined. Add carrots and raisins, kneading to distribute evenly. Add soy milk as needed to make mixture a bit moist, it should not be like a wheat cake batter, but more like a wetter, stickier version of dough.
- Spray 9" pie pan or 9' inch pan (round or square) with cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into pan, spreading evenly throughout the pan.
- Bake until firm, about 35-40 minutes.
- Place pan on cooling rack until cake is cool enough to touch (should still be warm). [The longer you leave GF items in pans the soggier they get, so don't leave them in for long]
- Take cake out of pan and place on cooling rack until ready to serve or frost.
- Makes 16 slices [mini] or 8 huge slices
Dessert, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Serving Size 78.3g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!