Cardamom Bread Recipe
Looking for an easy Cardamom Bread recipe? Learn how to make Cardamom Bread using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by stegasaurus
Makes 12 servings
A delicious breakfast bread recipe. It didn't come with servings, so I may have made the sevings too generous; it yields 2 loaves.
Recipe Ingredients for Cardamom Bread
|1/4||ounce active dry yeast|
|1||cup skim milk, scalded|
|1||cups margarine or butter, softened|
|2||eggs, lightly beaten|
|2/3||cup golden raisins|
|1||egg white, beaten with 1 tbsp water|
Recipe Directions for Cardamom Bread
- Grease a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water with sugar; let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir honey, sugar, and salt into scalded milk; cool to lukewarm.
- Add milk mixture and 2 cups flour to dissolved yeast; beat until smooth.
- Add butter, eggs, cardamom, and raisins, beating until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in prepared bowl; grease top lightly. Cover; let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Punch dough down; knead briefly.
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces; roll each piece into a 14-inch rope.
- Place 3 ropes side-by-side and braid, pinching ends together to seal.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining 3 ropes.
- Grease tops lightly.
- Cover; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush tops of loaves with egg white mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until loaves are a deep golden brown and tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove from baking sheet; cool completely on a wire rack.
Serving Size 137.8g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!