Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Calories in Russian Food
- (Gold's) Russian Style Borscht - Gold's
- (Trader Joe's) Cheese Blintzes
- (Gold's) Borscht - Russian Style
- (Zukay Live Foods) Raw & Live Beverage - Kvass, Super Root
- (Zukay Live Foods) Raw & Live Beverage - Kvass, Super Green
- (Rokeach) Soup - Russian Cabbage & Potato
- (Zukay Live Foods) Raw & Live Beverage - Kvass, Carrot Ginger
- (Zukay Live Foods) Raw & Live Beverage - Kvass, Veggie Medley
- (La Fuerza Del Sabor) Healthier Choices Wraps - Premium, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (Sonia's Kitchen) Chicken Pelmeni - Chicken-filled pasta shells
- Perogies - Pelmen food
- (Zukay Live Foods) Raw and Live Beverage - Kvass, Beet Ginger
- (Zergut) Eggplant Caviar Spread Ikra
- (Bepec) Squash Spread
- (Dovgan) Auberginen - Eggplant in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Russian Food Dishes
Since Russia is the largest country in the world, there is a wide variety of dishes and food cultures within the cuisine. However one thing in common is their long, cold winters which account for many of the dishes being high in carbohydrate for energy and fat for insulation and warmth. Soup, both hot and cold, is also a mainstay of Russian food dishes. One classic Russian soup is Borscht which is typically prepared with beets and other vegetables. If not a meal in itself, soup can be served for breakfast or as the second course for lunch or dinner coming after an appetizer and before the main course.
Healthy Russian Food
Soups contribute to options for healthy Russian food since they are broth-based, typically packed with vegetables, and can often contain fish. Another healthy dish is kasha which refers to porridge and is usually made from buckwheat, providing a solid dose of fiber and other nutrients. Tea is a large part of Russian culture, many of the nation’s people consume it and it is usually the black or green variety. Tea has been touted for many health benefits including its antioxidant content and can potentially help reduce the risk for various cancers and heart disease.