Butternut Squash, Spinach, Mushroom Lasagna Recipe
Looking for an easy Butternut Squash, Spinach, Mushroom Lasagna recipe? Learn how to make Butternut Squash, Spinach, Mushroom Lasagna using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by mmstack
Makes 12 servings
The sweet squash contrasts beautifully with Smoky Marinara in this butternut squash lasagna. You can make the marinara in advance, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Yield: 2 lasagnas, 6 servings per pan
Recipe Ingredients for Butternut Squash, Spinach, Mushroom Lasagna
|3||cups onion, chopped|
|10||cup fresh spinach|
|1||cup portabella mushrooms|
|1/2||cup provolone cheese|
|1/2||cup mozzarella cheese|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|15||ounce part-skim ricotta cheese|
|15||ounce fat free ricotta cheese|
|3||cups butternut squash|
|8||cups pasta sauce|
|1||cup Parmesan cheese|
Recipe Directions for Butternut Squash, Spinach, Mushroom Lasagna
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 10 cup fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 6 cups Smoky Marinara
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles (such as Barilla)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375░.
- Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion; sautÚ 4 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; sautÚ 1 1/2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Combine provolone, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, and ricotta cheeses in a large bowl.
- Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high 5 minutes or until tender.
- Coat the bottom and sides of 2 (8-inch-square) baking dishes with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup Smoky Marinara in the bottom of one prepared dish. Arrange 2 noodles over sauce; spread 1 cup cheese mixture over noodles. Arrange 1 1/2 cups squash over cheese mixture; spread 3/4 cup sauce over squash.
- Arrange 2 noodles over sauce; spread 1 cup cheese mixture over the noodles. Arrange 1 1/2 cups onion mixture over cheese mixture; spread 3/4 cup sauce over spinach mixture.
- Arrange 2 noodles over sauce; spread 1 cup Smoky Marinara evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients in remaining pan. Cover each pan with foil.
- Bake at 375░ for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- To freeze unbaked lasagna: Prepare through Step 6. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing to remove as much air as possible. Wrap with heavy-duty foil. Store in freezer for up to 2 months.
- To prepare frozen unbaked lasagna: Thaw completely in refrigerator (about 24 hours). Preheat oven to 375║. Remove foil; reserve foil. Remove plastic wrap; discard wrap. Cover lasagna with reserved foil; bake at 375║ for 1 hour. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- CALORIES 254 (30% from fat); FAT 8.5g (sat 4.5g,mono 2.2g,poly 0.3g); IRON 3.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 69mg; CALCIUM 414mg; CARBOHYDRATE 27.6g; SODIUM 560mg; PROTEIN 18.6g; FIBER 3.3g
- Cooking Light, MARCH 2003
Serving Size 384.4g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!