Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Burger - Black Bean and Sweet Potato Recipe
Looking for an easy Burger - Black Bean and Sweet Potato recipe? Learn how to make Burger - Black Bean and Sweet Potato using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by dani_the_artist
Makes 12 servings
originally posted: http://edibleperspective.com/2011/07/the-burger/
Recipe Ingredients for Burger - Black Bean and Sweet Potato
|3||cup, cubes Yam|
|1.75||cup Black Beans|
|1/2||cup Corn, Sweet, Yellow|
|0.5||medium (2-1/2" dia) Onions|
|2||cloves, raw Garlic|
|0.38||cup Whole Wheat Flour|
|2||serving Sunflower Kernels|
|0.5||tsp Salt, Table|
|1||dash Pepper, Black|
Recipe Directions for Burger - Black Bean and Sweet Potato
- 15oz black beans, drained + rinsed
- 3c cubed sweet tater, cooked + skin on [~1.5lbs]
- 1/2c frozen or fresh corn
- 2/3c finely chopped onion [1/2 medium onion]
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2c cooked quinoa
- 6T rolled oats, partially ground
- 2T sunflower seeds
- 1/2t salt
- black pepper
- 1t cumin
- 1t oregano
- 1/4t coriander
- 1t chili powder
- 1/4t cayenne [optional]
- 1T olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375* once you finish cooking the quinoa + potato.
- Mash half of the beans in a bowl until paste-like.
- Add in the rest of the beans and give a very light stir/mash to combine.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet tater. Each cube should be mashed, but you don?t want it creamy.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, oregano, coriander, chili powder, cayenne [if using] and olive oil, until combined.
- Mix in the onion, garlic, corn, black beans, quinoa, sunflower seeds, and ground oats, until just combined.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Form into balls, between your hands and flatten into 1/2?-3/4? thick patties. This should make 8 medium/large patties.
- Place on a pan lined with parchment paper [or lightly greased pan] and bake on each side for 15min, flipping once, half-way through.
- Remove from oven + serve!
- *If you want to refrigerate or freeze them, let fully cool on a cooling rack. Place in a sealed container for the fridge, or wrap in saran, then foil, then in a bag for the freezer. If reheating a frozen burger, let it thaw completely. Re-heat in a greased pan, over medium heat for ~3-5min per side, until hot throughout.
- *To make the ground oats ? Pulse your blender on + off, until you have the consistency about half way to flour.
- *Instead of ground oats, feel free to sub ? millet flour, oat flour, quinoa flour, whole wheat flour, etc.
Serving Size 106.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!