Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Brownies with Cocoa Almond Icing Recipe
Looking for an easy Brownies with Cocoa Almond Icing recipe? Learn how to make Brownies with Cocoa Almond Icing using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by geekgirl415
Makes 36 servings
From Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen A great ?go-to? brownie recipe?makes a large fudgy batch with a thin icing. Great for parties and bake sales http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/brownies-with-cocoa-almond-icing/
Recipe Ingredients for Brownies with Cocoa Almond Icing
|3||sticks Unsalted Butter|
|16||ounces, weight Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips|
|6||ounces, weight Unsweetened Chocolate|
|3||tablespoons Instant Coffee|
|2||tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract|
|1||tablespoon Baking Powder|
|4||tablespoons Melted Butter|
|1/4||teaspoons Almond Extract|
|3||cups Powdered Sugar|
|1 3/4||cups Milk|
Recipe Directions for Brownies with Cocoa Almond Icing
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 3 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 16 ounces, weight Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 ounces, weight Unsweetened Chocolate
- 6 whole Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Instant Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-¼ cups Sugar
- 1-¼ cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- FOR THE ICING:
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- ¼ teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 3 cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- â…” cups Milk
- Preparation Instructions
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt together butter, chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat, or in a double-boiler. Stir until smooth. Let cool.
- 2. Stir together eggs, coffee, vanilla, and sugar until combined. No need to beat.
- 3. Add cooled chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir until smooth.
- 4. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl. Combine with the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- 5. Line a 12×18×1 inch baking sheet with parchment paper, allowing some to overhang the edges. Pour in the batter and evenly distribute. Bake for 25-35 minutes; when brownies are finished, a toothpick stuck in the middle should come out with moist crumbs.
- Cocoa almond icing:
- 1. Whisk melted butter, almond extract, and cocoa together. Whisk or beat in sifted powdered sugar. Add milk slowly until desired consistency is reached. I like mine to be pourable.
- 2. Spread a thin layer of icing over the cooled brownies.
Serving Size 75.0g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!