Bread Pudding Mother's Restaurant (2.3 Cal/Gm) Recipe
Looking for an easy Bread Pudding Mother's Restaurant (2.3 Cal/gm) recipe? Learn how to make Bread Pudding Mother's Restaurant (2.3 Cal/gm) using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by srdoc
Makes 8 servings
New Orleans' famous Mother's Restaurant. Leave out Brandy, was modifed by someone else. Prep time includes soaking the bread pieces
Recipe Ingredients for Bread Pudding Mother's Restaurant (2.3 Cal/gm)
|1 1/2||pound French bread|
|4||cups fruit cocktail|
|8||cups homogenized milk|
|2||cups heavy cream|
|4||cups granulated sugar|
|2||teaspoons pure vanilla extract|
|1/2||lb unsalted butter|
|1||lb unsalted butter|
|1/4||cup brown sugar|
Recipe Directions for Bread Pudding Mother's Restaurant (2.3 Cal/gm)
- 1 large stale French bread 10 whole eggs 4 cups fruit cocktail in heavy syrup 8 cups homogenized milk 2 cups heavy cream 4 cups granulated sugar 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 3 teaspoons cinnamon 4 tablespoons imitation vanilla or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 1/2 lb unsalted butter SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb unsalted butter 1/4 cup brown sugar 2 teaspoons cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 cup brandy (leave out)
- In a large mixing bowl, break bread into small pieces by hand.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs and pour over broken bread.
- Add fruit cocktail to bread and mix by hand.
- In a 6-quart saucepot on medium high heat, combine milk, cream, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract and butter and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over bread mixture a little at a time careful not to scramble the egg mixture.
- Cover and let bread soak up the egg mixture thoroughly, approximately one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Page 2 of 2Mother's Restaurant Bread Pudding (cont.)
- Directions (cont.)
- After an hour, check bread to make sure liquid is completely soaked into bread mixture.
- Mix by hand and break up any remaining hard bread pieces.
- Transfer bread pudding mixture into two 10 x 12 x 3 roasting pan 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and bake until top is brown and center is cooked approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- Serve hot and spoon bread pudding sauce over top (see recipe below).
- *SAUCE*In a 4-quart saucepot on medium heat, mix all ingredients together, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until butter clarifies and alcohol reduces, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spoon over bread pudding.
- Nutrition Facts
- Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 1762.9 Calories from Fat 957 54% Amount Per Serving % Daily ValueTotal Fat 106.3g 163% Saturated Fat 64.1g 320% Cholesterol 521.5mg 173% Sugars 142.3 g Sodium 562.8mg 23% Total Carbohydrate 174.1g 58% Dietary Fiber 3.7g 15% Sugars 142.3 g 569% Protein 22.2g
Serving Size 720.8g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!