Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Bread Pudding McCaffrey House (2.1 Cal/Gm) Recipe
Looking for an easy Bread Pudding McCaffrey House (2.1 Cal/gm) recipe? Learn how to make Bread Pudding McCaffrey House (2.1 Cal/gm) using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by srdoc
Makes 8 servings
This is just one of many delicious treats you will find at the McCaffrey House Bed & Breakfast Inn in Twain Harte, California.
Recipe Ingredients for Bread Pudding McCaffrey House (2.1 Cal/gm)
|2||tbs pure maple syrup|
|1||cup brown sugar, packed|
|1||tsp vanilla extract|
Recipe Directions for Bread Pudding McCaffrey House (2.1 Cal/gm)
- In a small saucepan combine over medium heat:
- o 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- o 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- o 6 TBS butter
- 2. Stir until butter has melted and mixture is bubbly.
- 3. Pour syrup mixture into a 9" x 12" baking pan.
- 4. Spread evenly over syrup mixture:
- o bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- o 1/4 cup raisins
- 5. In a medium-sized bowl or blender, whisk together:
- o 8 eggs
- o 2 cups milk
- o 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6. Pour egg mixture over the bread & raisins.
- 7. Cover the pan and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 8. Remove pan from refrigerator 15 mins. prior to baking.
- 9. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 10. Discard cover and bake for about 45-60 minutes.
- 11. To serve, loosen edges of bread from pan sides with a knife blade or thin spatula.
- 12. Invert pan onto cutting board, so that the caramelized portion of the bread pudding is on top.
- 13. Cut into 8-12 pieces and serve.
- ? 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- ? 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ? 6 TBS butter
- ? 8 butterhorn rolls*, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ? 1/4 cup raisins
- ? 8 eggs
- ? 2 cups milk
- ? 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 mins , 8 hours-overnight chill time
- Cook Time: 45-60 mins. Servings: 8-12 squares Serving Size: 1 3-inch square (12 servings)
- Serving Suggestions: Serve alone or with sweetened whipped cream. Swap out raisins for an assortment of dried fruits (currants, apricots, cherries) and/or chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almond slivvers). Great for dessert or breakfast!
- * Also can use croissants or challah bread.
Serving Size 197.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!