Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Besan (Gatte) Ki Sabzi Recipe
Looking for an easy Besan (Gatte) ki Sabzi recipe? Learn how to make Besan (Gatte) ki Sabzi using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by mission_fitness
Makes 6 servings
Indian subzi made from gram flour
Recipe Ingredients for Besan (Gatte) ki Sabzi
|100||g flour - chick pea|
|3||medium whole Tomatoes|
|2||medium Onion chopped|
|4||peppers, hot chili, green|
|1/2||tbsp Ginger paste|
|1/2||tbsp garlic paste|
|1/2||tbsp Turmeric powder|
|1/4||tbsp Red chili powder|
|1/4||tbsp Coriander powder|
|1||tbsp Cumin seed|
Recipe Directions for Besan (Gatte) ki Sabzi
- * 100 gm: Besan (Gram flour)
- * 3 : Tomatoes medium size (finely chopped)
- * 2 : Onion medium size (finely chopped)
- * 4 : Green chilies (finely chopped)
- * 1 tbsp: Ginger and garlic paste
- * ½ tbsp: Turmeric powder
- * ½ tbsp: Mustard paste
- * ¼ tbsp: Red chili powder
- * ¼ tbsp: Coriander powder
- * A pinch Asafoetida
- * 1 tbsp: Cumin seed
- * ½ tbsp: Carom (Ajwain) seed
- * ¼ tbsp: Gram masala
- * Oil
- * Salt to taste
- * Water
- 1. Mix well besan, 2 green chillies, carom, 1/8 tbsp red chili powder and 1 tbsp oil.
- 2. Add water into besan to make dough.
- 3. Make a 1 cm diameter round and 5-6 inches long (like seekh kabab).
- 4. Put it into boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
- 5. Take out the water and cut the besan round into small pieces and keep aside. (Besan rounds are also called 'gatte'.)
- 6. Heat oil, add asafetida, cumin seeds, 2 green chilies, stir-fry till well browned.
- 7. Add ginger garlic paste and mustard paste heat for 1 minute.
- 8. Add chopped onion, heat for 3 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and heat for 2 minutes.
- 9. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, garam masala and 1.5 cup water and boil for 5 minutes.
- 10. Now gravy is ready.
- 11. Put gatte into gravy and boil for 3 minutes (Heat until gravy is thick).
- 12. Serve hot with steamed rice or plain paratha.
Main Dish, Indian, Vegetarian
Serving Size 161.9g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!