Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Berry Trifle Recipe
Looking for an easy berry trifle recipe? Learn how to make berry trifle using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by jeanne031
Makes 10 servings
This berry trifle, although impressive looking, is simple to make thanks to some easy shortcuts. And that makes it perfect for laid-back gatherings with friends.
Recipe Ingredients for berry trifle
|2||cups sliced strawberries|
|2||cups fresh raspberries|
|2||cups fresh blueberries|
|1||cup fresh blackberries|
|6||tablespoons superfine sugar|
|2||boxes vanilla pudding|
|1/2||cup heavy cream|
Recipe Directions for berry trifle
- * Total Time : 1 hour 15 minutes
- * Prep Time : 15 minutes
- * Chill Time : 1 hour
- * Servings : 10
- * 2 cups sliced strawberries
- * 2 cups fresh raspberries
- * 2 cups fresh blueberries
- * 1 cup fresh blackberries
- * 6 tablespoons superfine sugar
- * 2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- * 2 all-butter loaf (or pound) cakes (11.5 ounces each)
- * 1/2 cup heavy cream
- step 1 In a large bowl, gently mix the berries with 4 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water and set aside. In another bowl, make the pudding according to package directions; set aside. Cut the cake loaves into 1-inch cubes.
- step 2 In a large glass bowl (at least 10-cup capacity), place 2 cups of the cake pieces in a single layer. Next, spread 1 cup of the pudding over the cake pieces. Arrange 2 cups of the berries over the pudding. Repeat with cake, pudding and berries for the second layer. For the third layer, arrange 3 cups of cake pieces, 2 cups of the pudding and then 3 cups of the berries. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- step 3 Just before serving, combine the heavy cream and the remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar in a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, whip the cream until it's thickened and spoonable. Spread the cream over the top layer of the trifle and serve.
- chef's notes
- If fresh berries are out of season, you can use frozen berries to make this dessert. Just thaw and drain the same amount of berries.
- Prepared whipped topping or whipped cream can also be used in place of the heavy cream from step 3.
- To make a smaller serving for fewer people you can leave out the second layer of cake, berries and pudding.
- Serving Size: 10
- Serving Amount 9oz
- Calories 470
- Calories From Fat 170
- Total Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 11g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 165mg
- Sodium 570mg
- Total Carbohydrates 72g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 33g
- Protein 6g
Serving Size 220.9g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!