Beef and Guinness Pie Recipe
Looking for an easy Beef and Guinness Pie recipe? Learn how to make Beef and Guinness Pie using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by themcmaster
Makes 8 servings
A hearty meat pie perfect for St. Patrick's Day.
Recipe Ingredients for Beef and Guinness Pie
|1||lb beef cubes|
|5||slices reduced sodium center cut bacon|
|1 1/2||cups beef broth, no salt added|
|1/4||cup white whole wheat flour|
|200||grams carrots, peeled and sliced|
|50||grams shallots, diced|
|1/2||tsp minced garlic|
|100||grams frozen peas|
|200||grams sliced baby bella mushrooms|
|3/4||cup Promise light spread|
|1/4||cup whipped cream cheese|
|1 1/2||cups white whole wheat flour|
|2||tsp white sugar|
|1 1/2||tsp salt|
|2||tsp black pepper|
|2||tsp dried rosemary|
|2||tsp dried thyme|
|1/4||cup water, ice cold|
Recipe Directions for Beef and Guinness Pie
- Brown the meat with the bacon, shallots, and garlic. Cover beef with 1/2 the seasonings.
- Add the carrots, peas, and mushrooms. Stir and simmer.
- Pour in the Guinness and all but 1/4 cup of the beef broth, bring to a light boil.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour with 1/4 cup beef broth in a separate bowl, then stir in.
- Reduce heat and simmer stew, covered, for at least 30 minutes.
- While the pie filling (stew) is simmering, prepare the pie crust.
- Combine remaining flour with remaining seasonings in a mixing bowl.
- Cut Promise and cream cheese into the flour, using two butter knives.
- When the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, press together with your hands, then add the ice water, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Continue to knead dough and add water until it holds together but is not wet.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. During this time, stir stew occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove stew from heat and allow to cool.
- Divide dough in two, making one half slightly larger.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface into two large circles.
- Lay the larger circle into the bottom of a 9" pie pan and press lightly into place.
- Pour stew into pie crust.
- Cover stew with remaining pie crust, and press together edges.
- Spread the egg over the top of the pie using a pastry brush.
- Vent the top crust. Recommended: Carve a clover leaf into the center of the pie crust, and fill in with a few drops of green food coloring. Use your finger to spread the food coloring to the edge of the design.
- Bake the pie for 50 minutes, or until pie crust edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, slice, and serve. Goes great with Colcannon!
Beef, Main Dish, Irish, St. Patrick's Day, Bake, Boil, Simmer
Serving Size 277.0g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!