Banana Curry Chicken Foil Packets Recipe
Looking for an easy Banana Curry Chicken Foil Packets recipe? Learn how to make Banana Curry Chicken Foil Packets using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by ananoel
Makes 2 servings
Recipe Ingredients for Banana Curry Chicken Foil Packets
|1||carrot (7-1/2") Carrots|
|0.5||medium raw Bell Pepper Red|
|0.5||large Squash, Summer, Zucchini, Includes Skin|
|10||oz Chicken, Breast, Meat Only|
|1||small (6" to 6-7/8" long) Bananas|
|0.25||cup Coconut Milk|
|1/4||cup chopped Scallions|
|0.18||cup, packed Raisins, Seedless|
|0.13||cup International Harvest Organic Raw Cashews|
Recipe Directions for Banana Curry Chicken Foil Packets
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 4 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 large scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup unsweetened raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews (1 oz), lightly toasted
- 1 medium scallion, light green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Lay 4 large pieces of aluminum foil on a work surface and mist with cooking spray. Place quarter of sliced vegetables (carrots, bell pepper and zucchini) in center of each piece and top with 1 chicken breast. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- In a blender, add banana, coconut milk, scallions, curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and ginger and process until smooth. Pour banana-coconut milk mixture over each chicken breast, dividing evenly. Seal foil packets by bringing together 2 opposite edges and folding them down together, then tucking in other 2 sides. Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and cook in oven for 22 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool for a few minutes before opening.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa: In a medium saucepan, add quinoa, 2 cups water, cumin, and raisins. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and gently stir in cashews, scallion and shredded coconut.
- Carefully open foil packets and transfer chicken and vegetables to a plate, spooning excess sauce over top. Garnish with cilantro and serve with quinoa alongside.
Serving Size 446.7g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!