Arroz Con Pollo Recipe
Looking for an easy Arroz con Pollo recipe? Learn how to make Arroz con Pollo using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by mjchurch
Makes 4 servings
The perfect all-in-one meal. The chicken, rice, and vegetables simmer together, enhancing each other and giving the cook a break.
Recipe Ingredients for Arroz con Pollo
|1||tbsp olive oil|
|1||red bell pepper|
|1||green bell pepper|
|1||tbsp tomato paste|
|2||cups low sodium chicken broth|
Recipe Directions for Arroz con Pollo
- In a large, deep frying pan, heat the oil
- over moderately high heat. Season the
- chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of the
- salt and pepper. Cook the chicken,
- turning, until well browned, about 8
- minutes in all. Remove. Pour off all but
- 2 tablespoons of the fat from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low.
- Add the ham, onion, and garlic to the
- pan and cook, stirring occasionally,
- until the onion starts to soften, about 2
- minutes. Add the bell peppers and
- cook, stirring occasionally, until they
- start to soften, about 3 minutes longer.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, broth,
- and the remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and
- bring to a simmer. Stir in the rice and
- add the chicken in an even layer.
- Simmer, partially covered, over
- moderately low heat until the chicken
- and rice are just done, 20 to 25
Chicken, Main Dish, Mexican
Serving Size 580.9g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!