Apple Pie Muffin Cookies Recipe
Looking for an easy apple pie muffin cookies recipe? Learn how to make apple pie muffin cookies using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by jonasss
Makes 18 servings
1oz instead of 2 oz maple syrup 1oz brown sugar instead of 1/4 cup 1/2 tbsp chia seeds+2.5 tbsp water 1/2 of nutmeg makes 17-20 cookies
Recipe Ingredients for apple pie muffin cookies
|2||medium apple Apples|
|1||oz Organics 100% Pure Maple Syrup|
|1.25||cup Whole Wheat Flour|
|1||cup dry Old Fashioned Quaker Oats|
|1||oz SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend|
|0.5||tsp Salt, Table|
|0.5||tsp Baking Powder|
|2||tsp Cinnamon, Ground|
|0.5||tsp Nutmeg, Ground|
|0.5||tbsp Original Raw Chia Seeds|
|1||tsp Vanilla Extract|
|2||oz Pure Almond Original|
Recipe Directions for apple pie muffin cookies
- Makes ~ 17-20 small muffin cookies
- Apple Mixture
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled (1 chopped, 1 grated)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seed + 3 tbsp water), mixed together and set aside to sit for 5 minutes.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk (other milks would work too)
- 1 ripe medium banana (mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, make your chia egg by mixing one tbsp chia with tbsp of water. Allow to sit.
- Peel two granny smith apples. Finely grate one apple and chop the other apple into small blocks. Throw both into the pot with maple syrup and lemon juice. Allow it to boil over medium heat for ~5-8 minutes (until apples are tender). Once finished, replace from heat.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix your wet ingredients (including chia egg).
- Combine the wet ingredients, dry ingredients, and the apple mixture.
- Scoop ~2 1/2 tbsp of the mixture for each ?cookie?, leave about 2-3 inches between each. The mixture is quite runny in comparison traditional cookies, so you may need to use 2-3 pans to ensure they don?t come out in one, huge piece!
- Bake for ~15 minutes.
Serving Size 39.3g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!