1574 Tart: French Onion Bacon Recipe
Looking for an easy 1574 Tart: French Onion Bacon recipe? Learn how to make 1574 Tart: French Onion Bacon using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by 1574lisa
Makes 8 servings
A classic French tart, good as a first course, brunch item, side dish or main course. This recipe comes from America's Test Kitchen.
Recipe Ingredients for 1574 Tart: French Onion Bacon
|1 1/4||c. flour|
|2||tbs ice water|
|1 1/2||c. onions|
|1/2||c. half and half|
Recipe Directions for 1574 Tart: French Onion Bacon
- French Onion Bacon Tart ? courtesy Americas Test Kitchen
- Equipment: Tart Pan w/removeable bottom
- Spray tart pan with Pam to prep
- Dough ? mix together:
- 1 ¼ C. all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Add 1 stick unsalted butter cubed an chilled really cold.
- Put butter in food processor and pulse 15 pulses first. Then 11-15 more pulses until you get fine butter pieces.
- Add 2 Tbs ice water to processor and let her rip!
- This makes a good ?press in? dough.
- Drop walnut sized pieces into the pan and press in. Put in freezer on plate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, put tart shell in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes covered in foil and weighted down with pie weights.
- 4 slices bacon, cut in small pieces and rendered of all fat, crispy but not burned. Drain and set aside.
- Onion mixture-
- In sauce pan:
- 2 Tbs bacon fat
- 1 ½ C. onions ? yellow or white (probably a whole onion), cut ¼? thick in strips.
- Sprig of thyme
- Salt to taste
- Cook until the onions are transluscent and not caramelized, no color.
- After 30 minutes in oven, take out the foil and pie weights and go 10 more minutes to dry out the crust.
- 2 eggs
- ½ C. half and half
- pepper to taste
- Add onion mixture to the custard and pour into tart shell. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake 375 degrees 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
Serving Size 104.5g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!