Walking Circles Around My Former Self
A medical problem was the deciding factor in Cmcc497417653’s decision to start losing weight. She started with the Wii Fit program and with the help of Calorie Count she’s lost over 105 lbs.
She contacted us through our Share Your Story feature, and provided the following answers to our questionnaire.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an "Aha!" moment?
I didn't decide to lose weight; because of an illness I dropped 50 pounds. After the surgery I then gained back 27 pounds of the 50 and caused an incisional hernia and I guess that was my "Aha!" moment. So trying to not have to have the hernia surgery I researched and found that walking could possibly help. So I figured what could it hurt.
2. What other "diets" (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I've tried numerous diets including Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, and every other fad diet there was. Sure I lost weight but always put it back on.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
First I went and bought the Wii Fit and my husband laughed and said that will be collecting dust soon, well this morning was my 419th day of using it. My walks are now 3 miles or more. Before I had a very sedentary life, eat and sit and watch TV. Now I love exercise and do it almost daily.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
Calorie Count was the best thing that ever happened to me. I now know why I shouldn't eat that food, what foods are really good for you and how to really balance my meals.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
The holidays have been the worst, I put dieting aside and just maintained. The worst part of losing weight is I gave up all drinks with calories or fake sugars including all alcohol.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
I saw results in the first few weeks; I was walking and had to keep pulling up my pants realizing that it was time to buy smaller clothes. Going from a size 24 to a 12 has been my measure of success.
7. How do you prevent relapse?
Pictures and my fat pants keep me from relapsing. It's a good reminder of where you don't want to go!
8. How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?
More active, feel really good, and I'm no longer invisible.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
Still losing have 35 more to go to reach where I want to be.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Log your food.
- Get off your butt.
- Be 80% good.
- If you have one bad food day it's OK...Just don't let it be too often.
- Love yourself!
If you would like us to feature your success story, you can submit it here. The most insightful stories will be featured on this blog and in the weekly "Success Stories" newsletter.
Also on About.comRead More »