1 package instant oatmeal (regular, no sugar added) with the amount of water suggested, 3 egg whites, a dash of cinnamon & Equal or Spenda to taste. Mix well. Nuke for 3 minutes or so while you do something else. Tastes great & the extra protein will keep you feeling full all morning. About 175 calories, so you can add a little fruit, if desired.
1 large egg =70 cal
5 cherry tomatoes = 20 cal
4 slices of Healthy Choice thin deli honey ham = 60
1 slice Nature's Own whole wheat toast = 50
Total calories: 200
to make, crack egg in bowl and beat -add salt and pepper to taste, add in tomato and ham place in microwave for 1 minute, stir, and microwave 30 seconds. Toast the bread. You are done with little mess to clean up. Breakfast is ready in about 2 minutes!
*If you don't want the egg to stick to the cooking vessel you can spray it with cooking spray - I generally don't because I don't have a can of spray at work where I make my breakfast.
I do this, too, although sometimes I get the same thing at Subway. I also add fresh spinach and tomatoes.
These days I've been either having:
- Nonfat low cal yogurt (80 calories, Archer Farms Target brand makes really thick and creamy ones - much better than Dannon Lite & Fit!) + Fiber Bar (120 calories, Kellog's Antioxidant FiberPlus bars come in chocolate chip, peanut butter, coconut fudge, etc!)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats + sliced apple cooked in with dash of cinnamon and sweetener
- 1/2 cup rolled oats + sweetened with half a banana sliced in and sweetener
- Smoothie: 1 cup almond milk (40 calories), 1/2 banana (approx 50 calories), 1 scoop protein powder of fiber powder (100 calories)
I make up the filling for these and heat it up through the week...
2/3 cup Morningstar crumbles 80 calories
6 egg whites < 100 calories
2 laughing cow cheese wedges (sundried tomato) 70 calories
1 cup finely shredded zucchini (drained) <20 calories
oregano and basil, salt and pepper to taste
270 calories, I generally can make 4-5 portion sizes out of this 60 or 70 calories. I put this on low cal english muffins about 170 calories total. My kids love it as well.
I also will add another cup of zucchini and taco seasoning and will eat these on tortillas. SUPER good!
Smoothie-2 Bananas :)
Easy breakfast under 200 cal....
1/2 cup oikos nonfat plain yogurt
1 cup sliced strawberries
coffee w/non fat half and half
mix yogurt and soy isolate and put a little water until it mix well like pouridge.. add the fresh fruit,dash with cinnamon and splenda.. all of that just 200calls depends on your yogurt and soyprotein.
i used 50cals yogurt every 100grams, and 120cals soy protein every scoop.. :)
and this recipe is high protein! which ia good for our diet.. hope you like it
1 egg, 2 egg whites omelette with peppers (+whatever veggies you want) one-one slice of ham, one slice of turkey, onions and half a wedge of laughing cow/ half cup reduced fat shredded cheese. season to taste with salt and pepper. instead of using butter i use i can't believe its not butter spray to cook it in. Just mix up da eggs, then heat up the skillet, add the spray, add eggs, let them sit for a few secs, and stir the middle a bit, moving the liquid over the holes, then add veggies and meat. Its around 175 calories and i usually have a fruit salad. It adds up to about 200 calories!
I actually use a recipe off of simple potatoes called garden veggie hash browns which is really tasty and for a full serving 141 calories.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 8 stalks asparagus, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Southwest Style Hash Browns*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
# of servings : 5-6
Calories 141; Total Fat 7g; Saturated Fat 1g; Cholesterol mg; Sodium 231mg; Carbohydrate 19g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Protein 3g
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet. Add onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes. Add zucchini, asparagus, red pepper and broccoli. Continue cooking 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp tender.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil and Simply Potatoes to skillet. Spread Simply Potatoes and vegetables in an even layer; press down lightly with spatula. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Cook 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Turn Simply Potatoes over with spatula. Continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes or until Simply Potatoes are golden brown and tender, turning again if necessary.
With the veggie hash brown i like to have scrambled eggs on the side or sunny side up egg on top which will leave it at 210, but a tasty and filling breakfast for sure!
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.