Information to put in the challenge: Copy and paste the bold printed information, please.
STATE OR COUNTRY: like to do this so I don't miss anyone for weekly stats. Several times, people have missed out because of the time zone difference. So, if you want to see your name in LIGHTS, when you have accomplished so much, please provide it.
LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF:
If you'd like to give a little brief information about yourself that would be great! Possibly meet new people to be friends with. (ie., attempts on losing weight, special dietary constraints, motivation for this journey things like that).
DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN
STATE OR COUNTRY: Ohio
LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF: Have been on the weight loss journey since 2007 when I started this site with some success.
CURRENT WEIGHT: 287
GOAL WEIGHT: 282
AGE: 49 (APRIL 1st is my birthday and this is my new age)
DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN Saturday
GW for Challenge: 282 10% OF YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT IS SUGGESTED) I AM DOING LESS BECAUSE I LOSE AT A SLOWER RATE
IF you join in these months this is the suggested weight loss percentage
May Challengers 7% of SW unless it is midway then 5.5
June Challengers 5% or 4% of SW. This is to keep you motivated to stay with the challenge.
Experts say 10% of your body weight is reasonable to lose in a 3 month period. You must take into consideration if you had already lost a reasonable amount of weight that your may hit a plateau during this challenge. Don't get discouraged.
Day you like to weigh: Saturday
Welcome one and all! This challenge is a2nd quarter challenge for the year 2012. Anyone can join and there are no rules, except pick a day that is good for you to Weigh in Consistently. Don't worry, if you miss a few. The key here is to log at least once a week. So go ahead and tag this and come back! If you are new and need help let me know and I will give you information on how to tag the topic.
Look at the below comments for information durng the challenge
I will post the tips in the THIS journal post and MARK EDIT: SEE COMMENT and I will reference the comment number so you can just scroll to it, if you'd like.
- PLEASE DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST IF YOU WISH TO BE INCLUDED ON THE SPREADSHEET WHERE I POST THE WEEK"day's. THIS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY. My goal is to post total lost two days after the month has ended. This will enable those in different time zones to not be left out. At the end of the challenge I will post a range and people's name.
- Comment 37: Post details of the challenge and welcoming people.
- Comment 48: Welcome new challengers 1st quarter stat comment,
- Comment 69: So far challengers are losing weight! One is almost at goal! Look and see who?
- Comment 74: Let me know if you are going to be away. It will really help me spend less time on the computer with my foot.
- Comment 82: ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSTING FOR PREVIOUS WEEK
- Comment 87: Weekly Stats for Week Ending April 8, 2012
- Comment 99: Repost to add a NEW Weight! Thanks
- Comment 109: Look who lost the most weight this week!
- Comment 119: Someone else took the lead as losing the most weight
- Comment 125: (7) STATS FOR WEEK ENDING APRIL 15, 2012
- Comment 130: Help in finding the comment faster with the page number and acknowledgement of challenger supporters.
- Comment 153: (8) STATS FOR WEEK ENDING APRIL 22, 2012 ~ EARLY other things asked for opinions.
- Comments 162: Welcome/updated STATS WEEK ENDING APRIL 22,2012
- Comment 173: Give your support to Laury
- Comment 177: Early STATS, but not final. Support to log in for gains
- Comment 192: STATS FOR MONTH ENDING APRIL 2012
- Comment 227: STATS FOR WEEK ENDING MAY 6, 2012
- Comment 233: CORRECTION TO STATS SEE POST 227
- Comment 259: STATS FOR WEEK ENDING MAY 13, 2012
- Comment 287: STATS FOR WEEK ENDING MAY 20, 2012 *Other notes***
- Comment 291: How late is too late to eat? **Read here**
- Comment 301: Change your goal weight and SW to your highest if you'd like, just let me know. More information in the comment
- Comment 312: STATS FOR WEEK ENDING MAY 27, 2012
- Comment 317: MY PROGRESS with my broken foot (IF YOU ARE INTERESTED)
- Comment 325: Time to evaluate your goal weight. My goal weight, Support of those who have a gain
- Comment 333: Happy birthday to a challenger! find out who it is? Look for stats to be posted for May on Saturday.
- Comment 341: STATS MAY< battery dying no ranges , when I can I will, my computer is down updated STATS for May.
- Comment 346: LOGGING RULES -Please read to get an understanding of how your weight it logged weekly.
- Comment 367: Suggestions on what you'd like to see on the stats posts?
- Comment 378: Gramite (GRACE posted a link that is a good read from our CC: website pertaining to weight loss and timeframe to expect.
- Comment 379: Link to Cortisol. Good article
- Comment 381: SPECIAL RECOGNITION!!!!!!
- Comment 393: WEEKLY STATS WEEK ENDING JUNE 24th, 2012! ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL THE END AND THEN LOOK FOR NEW CHALLENGE ON JUNE 27-28th
- Comment 395: NEW CHALLENGE POSTED: http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/games-ch allenges/rd-quarter-challenge-july-st-septemb er-1
- Comment 402: END OF CHALLENGE STATS-CONGRATULATIONS ALL WHO STAYED AND FINISHED THE CHALLENGE!
One thing I decided to do to the challenge is to adjust your formula to your actual highest weight. Afterall, you have lost more than your initial weigh in. I think this is fair and encouraging. I will ask you before I adjust the formula, so its up to you.
So hurry up and get started
Take care and God bless.
Ive been in an accident so I am trying to enter the information and welcome everyone the best I can. I am sorry. BUT THE CHALLENGE WILL CONTINUE!!!!!!!!
Grace has been nice enough to follow thru with the welcoming. Thanks Grace. (Gramite)
Its official the 2nd quarter 2012 challenge is now over! There are 8 people who I removed for none logging of weight these past 2 weeks but have logged into the site. I don't feel its fair to askew the numbers by keeping them in the challenge. So to be fair to the faithful and give due recognition I made the decision to NOT include them. Here are the stats: 9 remaining members with a total loss of 56.9 pounds out of 113.6 which is a 50% of the goal being met loss for the group as a whole.
Cris is our biggest loser with 17.4 pounds lost,
Denee is our next biggest loser at 13 pounds lost,
Courtney is in 3rd place with a loss of 9 pounds.
Here are the final stats of everyone else
- Katie 5.3
- Renee 5
- Grace 4.3
- Laury 3
- Roger and I had a gain
Glad that everyone stayed with the challenge and hope to see you in the next. The link is in the comment of the beginning post if you can't find it. Thanks for participating and Good luck in your journey, should you not join the next challenge.
Take care and God Bless.
Original Post by keb1984:
STATE OR COUNTRY: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada
LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF:
Started CC again Feb 2012. Used it in 2007 to lose 65 lbs and now I'm back to lose weight gained after getting married and having a baby. Right now I am a SAHM to a beautiful baby boy!
CURRENT WEIGHT: 189.4 lbs (March 30)
GOAL WEIGHT: 165 lbs (June 30) and 140 lbs ultimate GW
DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN
I usually weigh in every other day (unless it's TOTM), but record my official weekly loss on Tuesdays because I started on Tues Jan 29.
April 3: 189.4
April 10: 186.6 (lost 18.2 lbw in the first 10 weeks. Goal is to lose 16.6 lbs in the next 10 weeks before going home for summer on June 18)
April 17: 184.4
April 24: 185.8
May 1: 181.8
May 8: ----
May 15: 176.5
May 22: 173.8
May 29: 172.8
June 5: 169.6
June 12: 167
June 19: 166.6
June 26: 165.1
Total Lost: 24.4 lbs
Made my June goal!
LET'S DO THIS EVERYONE!
Haven't updated for awhile, but I'm back!! Hope everyone else has been doing great.