Ok, so I've been getting bored of the usual pb&j, or pb/banana/honey sanwich for lunch. Does anyone have any favorite sweet sandwiches or sandwich creations to switch things up? Like, really delish? Calories aren't a concern :)
Oh, and suggestions on any brands of high protein breads or wraps would be appreciated!
nutella, walnuts, and chopped strawberries/jam are good together in a sandwich or wrap.
nutella and banana.
stuffed french toast sandwiches are to die for :)
mm those sound good, especially the first one!
High protein, high-calorie wrap sandwich:
- One regular whole-wheat Flatout flatbread wrap:
- Cooked ground or thinly-sliced grilled beef, bison, or elk
- barbecue sauce, salsa, or picante sauce
- caramelized onions
- mushrooms sauteed in butter
- regular shredded cheddar cheese
- whatever else you can fit into the wrap
using cinnamon raisin bread, or even cake-like bread (like a banana-nut loaf etc) in sandwiches is unbelievably decadent.
for a PB&J sandwich you can:
1) mix cinnamon, raisins, chocolate chips in with the PB. (also cinnamon-sugar pecans)
2) whipped cream and candied fruit sandwiches (or maraschino cherries and nutella)
3) cream cheese whipped with sugar, 1 tbsp of egg, and jam on cinnamon raisin bread has a cheese-cakey taste
4) cream cheese, peanut butter,and nutella tastes like a PB-Chocolate cheesecake
5) for the stuffed french toast, take two thick slices of bread, coat them in egg and fry them on a pan. Make a fruit compote with strawberries and bananas, put in between the pieces of bread with nutella/PB and drizzle on top with cinnamon sugar syrup
(these are just because calories aren't a concern) :)
For savory sandwiches I do the same thing every day. My family's indian and we make different curries alarmingly often. I mix the curry with melted cheese/laughing cow cheese, add basil and some diced fried onions, and stuff in a wrap/sandwich (you could add meat for protein-- chicken works best)
Wow, I'm silly, I forgot to mention I'm a vegetarian.
But oo, mixing things in with pb is such a good idea-maybe chopped figs?
And I am def going to try cream cheese, pb, and nutella!
1. Home made cheese steak, made with finely chopped rib-eye, grilled onions and white cheese.
2. Deconstructed Shrimp Po Boy, with grilled shrimp and homemade spicy aioli.
Whoops! Well, now I am hungry for that sandwich I listed...but still have to shed two pounds to get back to maintenance.
But in a week or so....
Avocado slices, roasted red pepper (can buy in a jar) and sun dried tomatoes on a nice whole grain bread or in a whole wheat wrap/pita. Yum!
Hummus, avocado, spinach and raising on whole wheat bread is awesome.
As is hummus or avocado with sprouts and a grated apple or carrots. PB with cinnamon and grated carrot is good too.
Cottage cheese with cinnamon and apple on a bagel, bread or wrap is really good. You can try different fruits of course, or add PB. To make it savory-sweet, I use CC with avocado, crushed red pepper, spinach and craisins.
Do you like tofu? I make tofu wraps/sandwiches with tofu, hummus, greens and apple slices. Its also good with some sliced red onion and avocado.
You might want to try having a sweet potato too. I like those with a scrambled egg and cheese or nut butter, plus a small salad with a mix of dried fruits and veggies.
Oh man I used to love sandwiches but I can't eat wheat or cheese which kind of puts a damper on things. But some former favorites:
Foccacia bread with hummus swiss cheese roasted veggies (zucchini, pepper, red onion roasted in olive oil and balsamic) and lettuce
Peanut/almond butter and lettuce/sprouts! If you like the taste of celery and peanut butter you will love this sandwich!
Grilled cheese (or soy cheese) and tomato with pickle and katchup
Cream cheese (thickly spread) with avocado tomato cucumber and sprouts.. really refreshing
I've been eating GF english muffins with soy cream cheese jam and fresh strawberries. Fruit and cream cheese go really nice together!
rebelchick1017: tofu wraps sound yummy...lots of protein, ahh I wish I liked cottage cheese, I really don't like it.
Well, I came up with a great sanwich today, for all of you watching calories, maybe its not for you, but I carmelized a banana, then put it on a pita spread with peanut butter, and grilled that in butter. One pita half was stuffed with cinnamon raisin pb, and I dipped it into pinapple flavored greek yogurt! Omg soo good!
Peanut or almond butter, shredded carrot, cinnamon and craisins. Even without the craisins (you could use raisins, too), it's pretty sweet.
I make a great sandwich with roasted pears, deli turkey, St. Andre cheese and cranberry mustard on a Ciabatta roll.
It sounds odd, but it is delicious. You'd have to omit the turkey, but I think you'd still get the wonderful savory/sweet flavor from the cheese and pears.
Cranberry mustard is a little tricky to find. Whole Foods usually has it (if you have one locally). You can buy it off the internet too.It doesn't taste really like cranberry or mustard...its just an interesting taste.
Hard roll brushed with olive oil and filled with warm roasted peppers and baked, soft eggplant slices. You could add cheese and run it under the broiler for an eggplant parmesan sandwich. Minced fresh parsley or basil add a good flavor.
Grilled eggplant, zucchini, red peppers and onions, on a warm WW kaiser bun with mayo!
do you do dairy?
1. cottage cheese and apple butter
2. cream cheese and bananas/raisins/strawberries
3. nutella and banana on WW
4. nutella and strawberries on WW
5. nutella and strawberry jam and banana
6. pb and nutella and banana
7. pb and nutella and strawberries
8. pb & apple butter and nutella & strawberry jam...with banana or strawberries
9. grilled cheeses-->swiss with apple, cheddar with apple, cheddar with tomato, tuna melt
I have made myself all of these. They are all delish.
I love any kind of nut butter and dates or prunes together on a sand witch. So tasty! Kind of has a larabar" like taste :). My grandma actually used to make these for me when I was young, they taste even better toasted.
Have you had Dave's Killer Bread? expensive...but YUM (and packed with protein)
Maybe try almond butter (or peanut butter) with banana on Dave's bread
Thanks everyone for the replies! You all are so creative, and I'm definately going to try some out!
tr33huggr:Omg, I looked up that bread, they don't sell it near me, and I don't think I can afford it! It looks really good, though!
iheartalmonds-Ok, that sandwich sounds so good...I'm thinking I might try it later, with a combo of Cinnamon Raisin pb and figs, grilled up!
prinzessin:I don't really eat dairy, except for greek yogurt, but I'm liking the cream cheese and raisins, maybe could put a bit of carrot on there, and pinapple, to mae it like carrot cake!
cream cheese and jam. seriously, it's like cheesecake
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.