Springrolls have about 100 a piece.
Eggrolls are supposidly about 200 but i have a hard time believing that.
Sorry i cant be of more help =/
This site has some info on Chinese food calories. I always wondered about Chinese food too. I think the trick is to not eat too much. And nothing fried. Good thing it is a buffet where you can choose how much you want. Hopefully it is not too expensive. I always feel like I have to get my money's worth. I like to bring it home and then mix in a lot of vegetables on my own.
Bobo, our chinese food here is really not chinese. Its americanized to no end making it one of the most fattening american cuisines. Its all good though, real chinese food is yummy and good for you.
I just went to a similar buffet and i usually load up on veggies and fish. Try to grab the veggis from the top first so they are not soaking in whatever juice at the bottom. Also, you will most likely feel deprived if you pass up all the fried goodies. What I do is i take ONE piece of general gaus chicken, one crab rangoon and so on...ys even if you took one of everyhting it will add up but not like if you took 4 of everything 3 times in a row, you know?
I also stay away from all lo meins and fried rice, sometimes they have white rice whcih goes really well with the veggies and pieces of bad foods that you may be craving.
Good luck and i hope you had/have fun there!
i've read that the chicken and broccoli isnt that bad for you, theres just alot of sodium in that dark sauce they saturate it with.....
Chicken and broccoli is not bad for you if it's steamed... but broccoli has florets that soak up all of the fat and sauce that it is sitting in, so be careful. Also, egg rolls are way more than 200 cals.
I like to get steamed chicken and veggies and eat it with brown rice (lots of fiber). Other good choices are steamed fish or shrimp dishes.
Sorry for the double reply but I found some info from Hungry Girl that might help you:
Egg Drop, Wonton and Hot&Sour soups are 100 cals per bowl
Fortune cookies are 25 cals each
Low cal dishes include steamed veggie dumplings, steamed shrimp and broccoli, moo goo gai pan, chicken and bean sprouts, mixed veggies
Warning: Egg rolls have 350 cals each, Kung Pao Pork has 700 cals per cup, and egg foo young has over 1000 callories and 80 grams of fat per order
But yeah, anything steamed because most of the stuff is cooked in a ton of oil. Probably no good on the deep fried stuff, either! And light on the rice and noodles, they're heavy in calories.
My theory for buffets is to do a dry run first, pick out the items that are high priority for you and then pick up only those. This eliminates the tendency to wander through and picks up 40 different items because 'oh that looks good too.'
No seconds trips, one plate, one cup of soup and done. (Also, grab a smaller dinner plate and note a buffet tray.)
If you get spicy food, have water or plain rice/bread to go with it instead of guzzling the bottomless soda.
Be careful though, because white rice and white bread have a lot more calories than you'd think.
Unless you visit a Chinese Buffet regularly, if I were you I would eat whatever you felt like and not care about it.
I go to a Chinese Buffet 1-2 times a month. I eat egg rolls, and beef rolls, and crab rangoon, and cherry wine chicken, and fried shrimp, and grilled teriayki chicken, etc, etc, etc.
Go for it! Eat healthy 90% of the time and let the other 10% be a special treat.
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.